Previously we wrote about Romantic Ideas for Anniversary and Frugal but Romantic Gifts for Your Spouse, this is another with the same purpose, making your gift giving a good experience. I was brought up in a family which struggled to meet ends meet. We never bought gifts, specially the gifts that were exchanged during birthdays or Valentines days. We were used to giving hand-made gifts.
When it comes to Valentines day, I never really celebrated it till I was in college. The first Valentines day that I can remember was celebrated sans gifts. We went for boating and then a dinner. I was not dating those days, it was just a celebration with bunch of friends. The first Valentine gift I can remember giving to my the then girl friend, and, now wife SMB, was a teddy bear bag, which was not handmade. It costed me a lot of money with respect to my monthly allocated budget. Perhaps that was the time when I started thinking about cheap alternate gift ideas.
Valentine’s is one of the most joyous occasions of the year, yet, if you are not careful, you can end up spending a lot of money. If you are looking to cut down costs, this can become quite a challenge. Be ready for V-day! You will most likely receive fabulous gifts. If you are the one purchasing gifts, keep it frugal.
If you belong to the category of people who venture to stores to buy V-day gifts, you cannot ignore the below gift ideas:
- A massage is a great option for every busy mom and just the thought of it sounds like heaven.
- Dinner or any aphrodisiac meal for two.
- Good DVDs / CDs and scented candles will do.
- Gift cards and coupons to buy stuff.
- Pretty roses or daisies are simply marvelous ion this day.
- You cannot go wrong with a box of delicious chocolates.
- A home-made chicken coop, you can make a recycled item.
- A candy bar is simple and sweet.
- A clean house, since everyone enjoys a clean house and that means no mess, no dishes and good food.
- A love note, since just a few people dislike romantic notes.
- A shoe box with 5 mutually memorable things
- Few reasons why you love him or her. Write it non a paper and present it with nice packaging.
- A hand written love letter or even a cute poem.
- Delicious chocolate dipped strawberries made at home.
- A yoga session to let go negativity and stress.
- A salsa class to learn how to dance.
- Breakfast in bed to feel pampered.
- A candlelit dinner and a movie.
- A home-cooked dessert, such as lemon pie.
- Tasty oatmeal raisin cookies.
- Anything sentimental.
- An e-card showing how much you love your partner.
- An entertainment book.
- A coupon book full of good deals.
- Buy one get one free promotions.
- Homemade love cards.
- A little book of love.
- Cut many hearts on red paper and stick tiny notes.
- Many love post-it notes.
- Recycle cereal boxes and create cute valentine holders.
- Adopt a pet and bring it home.
- Cut 365 hearts and write beautiful memories.
- Buy heart shaped notes and place them inside his or her pocket.
- Get bananas and attach a note saying “I’m bananas over you”!
- Create a memory box and place random things inside.
- Recycle movie stubs and concert tickets and attach them with a red ribbon and heart.
- Rent a romantic comedy DVD and watch it together.
- Make up your own coupons such as, kisses time, video game time, etc.
- Buy a frame and place a cute photo of both of you.
- A card made with pink construction paper is a frugal and romantic idea.
- Make strawberry body scrub at home.
- Create a photo collage of fun memories.
- Spend quality time and share your love.
- Organize a picnic and give him or her special invitation cards.
- Buy a romantic novel and read together.
- An evening of dancing together, you can even create a Pandora station.
- Permanent marker designs on a plate and mug.
- Handmade 3D art, if you how-to.
- Personalized monograms and vinyls.
- Scrabble tile ornaments.
- Monogrammed scented candles.
This holiday season you can make it personal. It looks like many individuals are tightening their pocket a bit. Uncertainty is taking over. Yet, this doesn’t mean you will not be purchasing Valentine gifts. All in all, you can select from a variety of alternatives. That said, as far as money is concerned, there are no rules. You can buy what you want. Some of the most fulfilling moments you’ve spent are probably those when you received handmade and inexpensive V-day gifts.
If you’ve been roaming online and wondering the stress, it is time to opt for the cutest and cheapest gifts. You will be able to impress your loved one for sure. You can opt for the above simple, yet meaningful gifts that are easy to pick. None of the above items are expensive, unless you want them to be. They will simply require some effort and time. Romance on the cheap is possible. You can always keep your V-day spending under control. This doesn’t mean you will not show your love and send a thoughtful message to your loved on. You can opt for the best DIY gift ideas for friends, family, teachers and lovers.
These are frugal and romantic gift ideas to me, you may disagree with some of the points. Feel free to express your opinion. And do share your valentine’s day gift giving stories.
|SB is a husband and working as a software professional for a Fortune 100 corporation in Florida. Thanks for visiting the blog.
You can receive free full-text articles from One Cent at a Time in your email inbox, on the days we publish fresh content, by entering your email below. Your email will only be used for subscription, and each email will include a link you may use to unsubscribe at any time. You can also become our Facebook fan or follow us via Twitter