I blog here at OCAAT not only to make myself and yourself monetarily richer. I also want you and I to feel richness in every aspect of our lives. An important part of this is emotional richness. Emotional richness is a state of mind when you feel happy about being you. It is a state when you love and cherish your existence.
When I am happy, I finish a lot of tasks, I complete long pending assignments and I do my things faster. In other words my productivity increases when I am happy and I feel good.
In every job you do, every work you do, your mind needs to be happy about it or you don’t get a joy out of your work. It’s very difficult to be always happy, at least I don’t know anyone who does that, I do believe that many a times we just don’t know the exact reason behind our unhappiness.
Sometimes it is just thinking about your sorrow that is enough to realize how silly the cause was. Whenever you are worried, feeling sad or depressed think about the reason. Is it genuine concern to be worried about?
Does it have a positive aspect too? Do you have any control over it? Is there anything good that you can think of, instead?
Sometimes getting a different perspective in thinking can completely change our mind set. Sit back, relax, give it a time and think it through.
Here Are 5 Ways To Feel Better About Yourself
1. Enhance Someone’s Life. For every rich in this world there are 1000′s poor. There is just no dearth of needy people around you. You may live in a locality of rich, but go out and watch the streets, the shelters, the homes. If you still can’t find poor people, read about how people in third world countries live.
Feel good about your situation, you have a car, a home and a family secured enough. You don’t have to think about tomorrow’s meal. Your next few month’s meals are secured.
Help the needy, do something for them now, you’ll never know the joy it can create in you. I give to my favorite charity. I am also an office bearer of a non profit which is helping schools back in India. The wishes those kids send back to us every year, is priceless!
Contributing to a good cause can make your day, can turn tears in to joy. Give giving a chance!
2. Do Some Activities. We need exercise, games, and conversation for our brain to stay stimulated and for us to maintain a healthy and balanced lifestyle. An early morning exercise could be biggest contributor to your productivity. I am not talking about working on something or the other round the clock, don’t make yourself a slave to your work.
When you feel low and out, Just get indulged in some fruitful activity, be it mowing your lawn, running errands or cleaning your file cabinet. Or, something as simple as windows disk de-fragmentation to improve system performance.
Completing a long pending stuff this way is a boost for your morale and it gives you energy to finish up other important tasks at hand.
3. Accept Your Weakness. No matter how great we are, we all have weaknesses, a bunch of ‘em. First step is to know you have a weakness, the next is working towards rectifying that. Have a close and honest look at how your weaknesses are affecting you and the people around you.
How are they having a negative impact on your life? How are they holding you back? What are they costing you?
Sometimes it feels better to realize that the reason behind the failure is our weakness at certain aspects, rather than just thinking about that failure without any clue. It gives us a reassurance that once our weakness is rectified, we’ll not fail again
A self realization of weakness does make us willing to start working on it. The moment you start working on improving yourself, past failures would no longer seem bad, isn’t it? You consider them as just a lesson learnt.
If you have a shopping addiction, accept it and don’t pretend shopping is your birthright. Unless you accept your weaknesses, you can’t work around it.
4. Improve Continuously. Learn new skills, read books, be enriched in terms of knowledge. Education makes us humble, polite and reasonable. Irrespective of what you study or what you learn, knowledge intake makes us happy, increases self respect.
5. Find happiness in your surrounding. Look around and you will find a beautiful world. Enjoy finer things in life and feel richer every day. Exercise, meditate or just sit and think, reflect on your day to day life. What you like to do and what you don’t.
Plan your next few days in such a way that you do the things you like, most of the time.
Go out, be with your friends. Try to call someone you have been thinking about calling for many days. A nice long conversation with an old friend stimulates me to a great extent. When you are socially rich you are supposed to feel emotionally and monetarily rich as well.
Maintaining a rich and active social life along with a healthy diet and exercise can help anyone live a vibrant and happy life. There are few better ways to feel better about yourself than giving your time and effort to influence another person’s life positively.
Just remember, joy and sorrow are part and parcel of our everyday existence. One day you’re down, the next day you come back up!
Ending with a line from my favorite poet, Clouds come floating into my life, no longer to carry rain or usher storm, but to add color to my sunset sky. - Rabindranath Tagore
|SB is a husband and working as a software professional for a Fortune 100 corporation in Florida. Thanks for visiting the blog.
You can receive free full-text articles from One Cent at a Time in your email inbox, on the days we publish fresh content, by entering your email below. Your email will only be used for subscription, and each email will include a link you may use to unsubscribe at any time. You can also become our Facebook fan or follow us via Twitter