Although as a nation we are spending more on gambling than we ever have done before, by far the vast majority of gamblers continue to gamble responsibly. Currently, over half of what we spend on gambling is on betting. Horse racing accounts for the largest sector of that, followed by betting on the dogs and football. The next biggest sector is real casinos followed by betting at online casinos. Despite the noise that we hear in the press and from the dissenters of gambling, only a very tiny minority of people get into trouble because of gambling.
Before you begin gambling, see to it that you know when the perfect time to quit is. Know what responsible gambling is. In other words, it is important to know precisely how much your fund is, what types of bets you must stick with and how much time you must or can play.
These limitations will differ depending on what type of trip you’re considering. For instance, if you reside close by a casino and prefer to spend a Sunday evening there, your time and finances for playing will be smaller as compared to your plan of a few days’ vacation in Las Vegas.
If you are truly determined to try a new betting system, you may consider diverging from your usual betting schemes.
Moreover, players who do not take the time to consider their gambling outings typically find themselves playing with what is known as “scared money”. This refers to finances which must be reserved for the electric bill, car payment, and mortgage – chasing their losses, thinking that a huge win will return to them what they have lost.
In point of fact, the atmosphere in a casino seems more favorable for chasing losses as compared to getting up from the table and leaving when you have reached your limitation. If you do not set your limitations ahead, you may not realize that you have outpaced them till it is too late.
Before you go through next section, let me remind our readers about National council for problem gambling. If gambling is taking a turn towards addiction, you should call them for assistance.
What do you need to do to keep within your budget while gambling?
- Your bankroll is deemed as the money which you have saved to gamble with. Remember that you must often keep your bankroll apportion from other funds. Some players prefer to keep their gambling funds in a special bank account; by doing so, this will aid them to resist the temptation to withdraw some more cash from the household funds for gambling.
- At the casino, you must keep your bankroll separate from gas, money for food, tips, and other similar needs. You may do this through keeping your gambling money and other money in another pocket or in other compartments in your purse or wallet.
- Other players advise keeping your bankroll in a single pocket and your winnings in another purse, wallet or pocket. Through this system, you bet only with the funds from your bankroll pocket while the funds in your winning pocket definitely go home with you. This aims to make certain that you have some cash left with you at the end of your gambling session.
- Be certain that your bankroll contains only the amount of funds you can afford to or more than willing to lose, typically, every gambler hopes to win; however, there are times when you will lose every bet. Set a specific budget on how much you can afford to lose and never bet more than that if you do not wish to be down and out in the end.
- Understand the fundamentals of gambling and how odds work. Learn what we mean by house edge and how selecting online casino games with a decent house edge can increase your chances of winning. Some online casinos let you play for free. This may be a good idea before delving in completely.
- Getting funds to gamble with while you are at the casino is made easier today than in the past. Evidently, ATMs enable us to easily and conveniently withdraw money from our savings or checking accounts or take cash advances on credit cards. some casinos offer signup free play money. At some casinos, we can even transfer some amounts of money from our checking account to our slot club account without the need to leave the automated teller machine. In case that these convenient options will tempt you to go beyond your set bankroll, it is better to leave your debit cards, checkbook and credit cards at home.
While gambling may be regarded as a stress reliever, still, it is not advisable to be so addicted to it to the point that you already spend most of your time betting, spending all your hard-earned money and selling some of your valuables just to gamble till you drop. Remember, too much gambling will lead you to nowhere.
Do you gamble, what are your tricks to keep your money secure?
Warning – Excessive gambling is a serious problem and you need to see a psychologist if required. Call problem gambling helpline to seek help first.