Welcome readers to July 2012 blog statistics. I am thankful to you for your constant encouragement towards OCAAT. If you are a new reader, I publish traffic report every month. This helps me keep track of blog growth and health check. While writing the post I get a chance to go over statistics and health of the site.
If you have no interest in traffic numbers, here are a list of the best posts of July 2012, in my opinion. If you missed any you can catch up now.
101 Ways to be Better, Effective and Successful at Work
Earning Quick Cash – Ways to Earn $100 in a Day Legally Without Investment
How to pick a College or Major with Future Career in Mind
15 Ways to Reduce summer Energy Consumption
25 DIY Car Repairs to Save Money
20 Delay Gratification Techniques to Avoid Possible Debt
20 Best Practices for Retirement Saving
Others may continue to follow the post.
Traffic update for One Cent at a Time
May was best month here at OCAAT, followed by a summer slump in June. We saw traffic decreasing by as much as 20% with 30% drop in search traffic in the month of June compared to May. In July we regained the lost ground and monthly page view number almost touching the May numbers.
No big blog/site mention in July, still we grew because of increase in direct traffic tot he blog and visits through social media like Twitter and Facebook.
The other notable updates related to traffic are
1. We had a traffic drop in June, but it increased again and now the numbers are same as it was in May 2012. Search traffic was all time high in May. Good point is number of direct visits increased and Facebook/Twitter visits increased. We now have near 2000 Facebook fan and 3,500+ Twitter followers.
2. Alexa rank oscillated between 49k and 54k mark. We saw rank increase from SEOMoz. OCAAT is now having a domain authority of 49 and Moz rank of 5.35, which is pretty impressive considering its only 15 months old. Google didn’t seem to agree and kept page rank unchanged at 3.
3. Number of blog RSS subscribers also went up by over 50. If you haven’t done so, please subscribe to my RSS feed or email.
Traffic Data For July 2012
- Total Visits – 20,579
- Total Unique Visitor – 17,754
- Page Views – 33,296
- Pages per visit – 1.62
- Average Time on Site – 1:49 minutes
- Bounce Rate – 76.25%
- New Visits – 81.31%
July top 10 referral traffic sources were as follows
- The Simple Dollar – 555 visits (was included in TSD weekly roundup)
- Google sites – 522 visits (including Google reader, Gmail and Google plus)
- Wise Bread– 422 visits
- Get Rich Slowly – 310 visits
- Twitter– 307 visits
- Facebook – 201 visits
- Finance Product Reviews – 180 visits
- Free Money Finance – 142 visits
- Yakezie– 87 visits
- The Penny hoarder – 54 visits
I am thankful to the gracious carnival hosts who published my articles last week.
- Carnival of Financial Camaraderie at The University of Money
- Carnival of Retirement at Life Insurance by Jeff
- Totally Money Carnival at James Petzke: Graduating with a Surplus
- Self Directed Investing for Retirement carnival at AAAMP Blog
- Y & T’s Weekend Ramblings at Young and Thrifty
- Carnival of MoneyPros at Making Sense Of Cents
- Yakezie Carnival at Kylie Ofiu
- Nerdy Finance Carnival at Nerdy Finance Carnival
- Wealth Artisan’s FinCarn at Wealth Artison
- Carnival of Personal Finance at The Financial Blogger
If you have hosted a carnival last week, where I was included and not linked above, please email me – I would love to add your link.
|SB is a husband and working as a software professional for a Fortune 100 corporation in Florida. Thanks for visiting the blog.
You can receive free full-text articles from One Cent at a Time in your email inbox, on the days we publish fresh content, by entering your email below. Your email will only be used for subscription, and each email will include a link you may use to unsubscribe at any time. You can also become our Facebook fan or follow us via Twitter