Welcome readers to April 2012 blog statistics. Readership and following continue to increase. I am thankful to you all for your constant encouragement and love towards OCAAT. Let’s begin.
Traffic update for One Cent at a Time
In Terms of traffic April was OCAAT’s biggest month in its existence, surpassing March traffic by more than 20% in terms of page views. In absolute number, traffic increased by over 8000 page views, this growth is mainly due to the guest post I published on GRS blog.
The other notable updates related to traffic are
1. Search traffic was also highest ever in April with 10,246 searches ended up at OCAAT. The biggest was Google, followed by Bing and Yahoo. (as per WordPress stat)
2. Alexa rank stayed below 50k for two consecutive months, though I am noticing number of comments going down. readers, please do comment and take part in interesting discussions.
3. Outbound clicks increased by more than 40% in April compared to March. Though it reflects more traffic departure but, I would take it positively. This should encourage quality guest posts at OCAAT from other bloggers and more comments from commenters as chances of getting referral visits from OCAAT has increased significantly.
4. Number of blog RSS subscribers also went up drastically. If you haven’t done so, please subscribe to my RSS feed or email.
Traffic Data For April 2012
Total Visits – 19,496 ( almost 15% improvement over last month)
Total Unique Visitor – 16,358
Page Views – 32,685 (more than 25% improvement, mostly due to guest post at Get Rich Slowly)
Pages per visit – 1.68
Average Time on Site – 1:50 minutes
Bounce Rate – 75.29% ( a 5% point improvement, could be because of changing related post plugin from linkwithin to nrelete)
New Visits – 80.62% (amazingly same as last month, even to the decimal point!)
April top 10 Traffic sources were as follows
1. Get Rich Slowly – 1750 visits
2. Reddit – 868 visits (living under $10,000 a year was on Reddit personal finance home page for more than 24 hrs)
3. Google – 578 visits (including Google reader, Gmail and Google plus)
4. Free Money Finance – 414 visits (living under $10,000 went to the championship round of a blog writing contest)
5. Yakezie – 155 visits
6. Twitter – 129 visits (Including t.co and Hootsuite)
7. Budgets are Sexy – 113 visits
8. Financial Samurai – 105 visits
9. Facebook – 89 visits
10. Fox Business – 82 visits
Interesting Facts About this Blog
Some Facts about One cent at a Time that I never told before
1. OCAAT was created on a Sunday evening when I was terribly bored with no work to do other wise.
2. Comments: Till date OCAAT has received 4,234 comments including 40% comments from yours truly alone while replying to reader comments. Not a bad achievement at all, isn’t it?
3. Readership base: India has the highest readership base for OCAAT after USA and Canada.
4. Blog Cost: OCAAT was created in less than $100 start-up investment including hosting and domain registration. Till date I have spent less than $300 on this blog. Everything including design and Logo is self-made/Self-coded and self-damaged.
5. Highest traffic Day: April 1st 2012 with 3,827 page views, second highest traffic day is the following day, April 2nd.
6. No. of plugins: OCAAT currently runs on only 20 plugins. Rest of the changes are custom-made without the help of a plugin to do the job. Example, the Feed burner banner and email capture on side bar are custom code, not plugins.
7. Top three most viewed articles of all time
I am thankful to the gracious carnival hosts who published my articles last week.
Carnival of Money pros at Money Cone.
Carnival of Financial Camaraderie at Young and Thrifty.
Carnival of Financial Planning at Financial Excellence.
Festival of Frugality at This That and MBA.
Top Personal Finance Post of the Week at Personal Finance Whiz
Carnival of Retirement at Young Cheap Living.
Financial Simplicity carnival at Money Smart Guide.
Yakezie carnival at Frugal Toad.
Financial carnival of Young Adult at 20′s Finances.
If you have hosted a carnival last week, where I was included and not linked above, please email me – I would love to add your link.
|SB is a husband and working as a software professional for a Fortune 100 corporation in Florida. Thanks for visiting the blog.
You can receive free full-text articles from One Cent at a Time in your email inbox, on the days we publish fresh content, by entering your email below. Your email will only be used for subscription, and each email will include a link you may use to unsubscribe at any time. You can also become our Facebook fan or follow us via Twitter