Welcome readers to May 2012 blog statistics. It was another month of growth. I am thankful to you for your constant encouragement and love towards OCAAT. If you are new to the blog, I publish traffic report every month. This helps me keeping track of blog growth and helps me attract advertisers.
Till this point OCAAT is a small-sized blog with a high ambition. But with ambition come a lot of tasks, tracking growth is one of them.
If you have no interest in this blog’s traffic number, I have an alternative option for you, Below are the list of the best posts of May 2012, per my choice and satisfaction. If you missed, I encourage you to have a look.
How to Make Money from your Car
101 Ways to save money
A tribute to my mother
25 Smart phone apps to save money
A guide to garage sell shopping
How to control stock trading impulses
Unconventional ways to reduce gas consumption
Others may continue to follow the post.
Traffic update for One Cent at a Time
May was best month here at OCAAT, surpassing April traffic by 3% in terms of page views. In terms of monthly unique, we grew by 20%. In absolute number, traffic increased by 1000 page views. I have a contrasting trend for Number of visits and pages viewed per visit. Where we grew by 15% in terms of visitors, we saw 10% reduction in pages/visit.
April traffic spiked because of referral traffic from ‘Get Rich Slowly‘. That we achieved higher visitors in May without significant referral traffic is a good achievement to me, and, I am encouraged to continue writing for you.
The other notable updates related to traffic are
1. We surpassed April numbers without any guest post or any significant referral traffic, piggy backing on search traffic. We saw 40% increase in search traffic over May 2012. The biggest was Google, followed by Bing and Yahoo. (as per WordPress stat)
2. Alexa rank went above 50k during last week of May. We saw rank increase from SEOMoz. OCAAT is now having a domain authority of 49 and Moz rank of 5.19, which is pretty impressive considering its only 15 months old.
3. Outbound clicks increased by more than 25% in May compared to April. Though it reflects more traffic departure but, I would take it positively. This should encourage quality guest posts at OCAAT from other bloggers and more comments from commenters as chances of getting referral visits from OCAAT has increased significantly.
4. Number of blog RSS subscribers also went up by over 50. If you haven’t done so, please subscribe to my RSS feed or email.
Traffic Data For May 2012
Total Visits – 22,406 ( 20% improvement over last month)
Total Unique Visitor – 19,654
Page Views – 33,628
Pages per visit – 1.52
Average Time on Site – 1:44 minutes
Bounce Rate – 78.29% ( decreased a bit, typically associated with higher search engine traffic, they look for specific information and leave after reading them without exploring deeper in to the site)
New Visits – 84.73%
May top 10 referral traffic sources were as follows
1. Google – 556 visits (including Google reader, Gmail and Google plus)
2. The Simple Dollar – 549 visits (how to reduce gas expenses was featured in Simple dollar roundup)
3. Get Rich slowly– 320 visits
4. Free Money Finance – 212 visits
5. Twitter– 208 visits
6. Technorati – 168 visits
7. Facebook – 95 visits
8. Carnival of personal Finance – 70 visits
9. Yakezie– 66 visits
10. Reddit – 57 visits