I often write about ways to become rich, be it the most fundamental How to be rich question, or getting rich by saving 1 hour of wage for many years, or even by training your mind to feel rich mentally. This article is about making physical money to get richer, this is about making quick money in a day, to be precise, making $100 legally without an investment.
I tossed the idea in our blogger forum and got some awesome responses. You’ll be amazed to know the ways you can make quick cash in a day without robbing a bank. Here’ s the compilation.
Presenting the ideas of making quick cash of $100 in a day legally from fellow personal finance bloggers, followed by the blog they write for.
Various ways to make quick money
- Pet sitting 4-5 dogs at a time (I made $20-$25 a night per dog when I did it depending on size and they provided their own food).
- Babysitting two kids for 7-10 hours can earn you $100
- Picking up dog poop for 10-20 different families depending on your rate.
- Sell your unwanted stuff on Craigslist.
- Conduct a yard sale and sale stuff there.
- Use your blog, if you have, to sell 10-20 products as an affiliate.
- A couple of college friends made $100 or more a night for being designated drivers pretty much – they carted inebriated college kids from bars/clubs to their rooms for $5-$10 per person depending on the distance. Just 3-4 car loads and they were golden.
Method 1 – One method is to spend a full day building a small blog with several well written informative posts in a fairly profitable niche, and doing some marketing. Submit it to some of the bigger blog directories, and submit some of the posts to article directories so that some “automatic” link building can be done over time.
Submit all posts to relevant blog carnivals. Also socially bookmark every post on as many places as you have time to do so. Place some Adsense on it and maybe a few affiliate products. Then leave it. It might take a few months to get your $100, but it will still be as a result of one days work. If this works well for you then there is nothing to stop you from keep creating one of these every day.
Method 2 – If you can play a musical instrument, then try busking. I hear that you can easily make $100 in a day if you find a decent spot.
From Affiliate Tips
- Sale your online property (blog/site) on flippa or on a few other sites that have online bidding process to maximize your website’s sale value.
- Fiverr – I did an article on making money $5 at a time with Fiverr… $100 is doable with 20 gigs a day.
- Aluminum. Collecting aluminum and selling it to the recycling outlets rather than just letting the city recycling truck take it. We made $107.00 in one day taking all of the aluminum cans we’d collected and saved up.
- I just pulled in $500 the other day by signing up for an American Express card for my wife, and a Chase Ink card for my business. I’m planning a trip and we are paying for it all by using sign up offers. There are also no annual fees on these cards. So I recommend taking advantage of a few sign up offers and you’ll easily make $100 (if you qualify).
- Another thing I’ve done is gathered some things I never use around the house and sold them on Craigslist. I’ve done this a few times. I use an easy app to take a picture and post, which minimizes my time, and I can easily find $100 worth of stuff around the house. I’m sure others can too.
- Lastly, you can check the ‘et cetera’ section on Craigslist. Just random jobs people need done. a lot of times you can find jobs that might be easy for you and hard for someone else.
From Moola Mind
- I just signed up for an AMEX prepaid card and got $25 free for loading $200. Sign up for 4 of them!
- My cousin is a voice over artist and she pulls in $100 in a day without investment . She uses her voice .. well that is no investment . Of course her investment has been to pitch her skills to potential companies and that is has resulted in this.
- Look for bonus sign up on checking account or investment account. I think ING is having a $50 sign up bonus right now. Banner bank also had a $50 sign up bonus. Boom, there’s $100 for ya.
From Retire By 40
- I made a few hundred bucks delivering flowers during Valentine’s day and Mother’s Day this year.
From See Debt Run
- Those blessed with long, luscious locks could sell their hair for a couple hundred dollars.
- Clinical trials – Become a guinea pig and take part in a clinical study for a day. These will usually offer a couple hundred dollars for (temporarily) donating your body to science.
- Focus groups – Some may offer a hundred dollars for an hour or two of your opinion on their products.
- Go dumpster diving and collect thousands of empty bottles.
- Rummage through pocket change for rare numismatic coins; key dates/old silver coins/error coins, then flip them quick at a coin shop. Borrow a metal detector and comb the beach for some treasure. Maybe unearth some ancient or medieval coins in the process!
From Broke Ass Mommy
- You can easily make $100/day doing a little bit of handyman repair work – installing fixtures, fixing doorknobs, painting etc. Mowing lawns, or shoveling snow is easy too.
- If you’ve got a trailer or a big truck, you can haul people’s junk to the dump – charging by the load.
From Freedom 48
- Sell on eBay – Last week I challenged myself to put 250$ of stuff on Ebay to help defray the cost of a new computer. It only took me two hours and I’ll never miss the espresso machine, Montblanc pen, old blackberry and digital watch that I put up. Constantly amazes me the amount of crap we accumulate and never use.
From Planting Our Pennies
- Hit up a subdivision to paint house numbers on the curb in front of the house. I’m not sure how feasible it is for you but, a gentleman got $15 from me for maybe 10 minutes’ work. It only takes seven jobs like that to crack $100. Sure-fire is relative anyway.
- My idea would be to flip garage sale items. You can find some great deals on stuff you know is worth more then sell it for a marked up price on Craigslist or eBay.
From Money Life and More
Now a few methods which I adopted for the sake of writing this article
1. I opened put up a lemonade stall in our community garage sale. Total cost of items was $10 and total sale was of $98 in 3 hours. I admit you can make much more money in three hours. But, when you ave time and don’t know what to do, this may come in handy.
2. I scouted local garage sales for two weekend days and sold the items I purchased there on Craigslist. I made more than $100 profit. This experience was documented in my post 5 Sacrifices To Get a Goody For Free
3. One of my neighbors sports a real estate builder’s ad on his car. He makes $20 per day out of it. Believe me his car doesn’t look ugly and most people think he works for the builder. You can check out Ad in motion
4. My wife, SMB, recently bought a pendant made out of salad spoon from Etsy. This is a cool place to sell your crafts. What ever it is that you can make and is eye catching. Try to sell it over there. You can make big money out of it.
5. My wife answered a few surveys, though she got fed up quiet soon but, she earned more than $50 in 4 hours.
6. We don’t have kids so, we baby sit our friend’s kids when they decide to go clubbing. We do not charge a single penny but, the hourly rate in our area is $15. Had we charged we could have made 100′s of dollars by now.
You saw it yourself, experts say earning $100 a day is not hard. The main pain point is to earn $100 more frequently, say every week for a day. Achieving that is a challenge. I may have some answers for you in my post 101 ways to earn extra money. But, for employing any of these ways, you need to be disciplined and hard-working.
I know people who do extra side hustle to earn the living expenses while saving 100% of monthly salary.
This blog is one of side hustles and I am trying to earn cash from it to pay all-cash for my first home. I publish my yearly progress report through this blog. I encourage you to develop one of the side income ideas I wrote about in the post linked above. Let’s grow our wealth together! And, be rich sooner.
In case you were looking for finding ways to earn quick cash with no work involved, then sorry to have disappointed you, there’s no easy money, yes there is quick money to be had but ,you need to work to grab that.
Now, yahoo finance, through Business Insider listed 10 cities to live under $100 a day in expenses including your mortgage payment. How about living in those cities and consistently earning $100 from side gig, while saving 100% of your salary?
Readers, can I ask you if you have any other ideas to earn $100 in a day?
|SB is a husband and working as a software professional for a Fortune 100 corporation in Florida. Thanks for visiting the blog.
You can receive free full-text articles from One Cent at a Time in your email inbox, on the days we publish fresh content, by entering your email below. Your email will only be used for subscription, and each email will include a link you may use to unsubscribe at any time. You can also become our Facebook fan or follow us via Twitter