So your anniversary is around the corner and you are looking for anniversary gift ideas? I compiled this list after thorough research and interviewing people.
I admit I never did enough activities on our anniversaries. We have spent 13 anniversaries together so far. SMB (my wife), has a weakness towards the jewelry and clothing but what she’s most interested in is, spending time with me, on a vacation or simply at home, two of us! So our anniversary gift ideas revolve around creating moments and memories.
I consider us money-wise, so we always look for frugal anniversary gift ideas. They revolve around creating memories rather spending the day at a resort and doing nothing other than spending time in the pool.
Updated in 2017 – We thought a lot on various frugal anniversary gift ideas. We booked a hot air balloon ride with Cloud 9 Living.
Though not very frugal but, it was our 10th anniversary, so we did splurge a little. What could be a better gift than gifting an experience?
Your partner may not remember the exact perfume you gifted her, but he/she will remember the romantic gate-away you took her to on your, say 3rd anniversary.
101 Frugal Anniversary Gift Ideas
This list of frugal anniversary ideas contains research items, inspired items and some creative ideas that I could think of. Hope you find something that your partner will love! Some ideas are very very sexy, keep on reading and find them I specifically placed them in between other frugal anniversary gift ideas. Enjoy your naughty selves on your special day.
Creative frugal anniversary gift ideas, that needs some planning or preparation
1. Make love, if you can do it then nothing is better than a good steamy session of love that can remind you of the love that initially bonded you two. This is the best frugal anniversary gift you can give to your partner.
3. This is one of the most frugal anniversary gift ideas ever. You can videotape yourself singing a love song to your partner or record a video testimonial and post it on the Internet/on your blog or just to your social media account. Don’t forget to tag your partner.
4. Spend time with her, go to an adult place, enjoy the special evening, maybe just one time in your life. Better, gift him/her a private dance 😉
5. Cloud 9 Living has over 1800 specially selected anniversary gift items in their repertoire, handpicked for your area. We booked a hot air balloon ride on our 10th anniversary. Some amazing items they have like a tour of the city’s pubs, all on one ticket. A NASCAR driving experience with a real NASCAR test driver. Glider ride over the city, etc. Their gifts start from $30.
6. Compose a poem that would evoke emotions and feelings towards your partner – as frugal anniversary gift idea as it can be.
7. For other alternatives to expensive jewelry. You can surprise her by ordering custom-made jewelry and makeup boxes. Click the link and answer a few questions on her taste and you’ll get a jewelry box with full-sized products picked by pro makeup and jewelry artists that create an awesome look. Of course, you have to pay but they’ll fit in your frugal budget.
8. Invite some friends to serenade your woman. This should be a surprise party.
9. Take your partner to the spot where you first met and propose her once again, this time, a proposal not to go apart ever.
10. Greet your spouse during a live radio broadcast and make sure she listens to it.
11. Gift your partner an assortment of his/her favorite chocolates.
12. Make a music video commemorating your anniversary.
13. Kiss your partner in a place where you two first met, take her to that place.
14. Another cool frugal anniversary idea – plant your flowers to give during your anniversary day.
15. Buy a book of Kamasutra and try out one position, this way you can cover most of the positions by the time you grow old.
16. Create 101 reasons why you love your partner. Email it to her or say it out loud.
17. Make a canister that includes daily messages of the number of months or years you were together.
18. Participate in discounted yoga classes, get a Groupon coupon, it’s always available at 50% discount.
19. Before celebrating your anniversary, make a letter that depicts your story for preparing for this actual event.
20. Give her a locket with a picture of you two together. Women can give a bracelet to the man.
21. Design your anniversary card online and get it printed and delivered to you
22. Customize a picture that shows couples happy growing old together.
23. Create a playlist of the partner’s favorite songs. Keep it playing when your partner is supposed to come home.
24. Offer services to charitable institutions during your anniversary, donate something with your names embossed. Contact your local parks/churches if they accept donations to commemorate something in your names.
25. Spend time watching your husband/wife favorite all-time movies. Go on an all evening Mooviethon
26. Bake your own specially designed cake to celebrate the special occasion. I love pineapple upside-down cake and I would like it to be presented to me at every anniversary.
27. Create a website for you both, fill it with pictures and stories of your life till date. On the anniversary day, casually open the site on her computer/smartphone and take the picture of her getting shocked! You can create your blog in 20 Minutes for just $20. I did it and I am loved ever since :). That site is only both of us, searchable but no one can guess it’s us. We do regular photo and message exchanges via the site. It’s pre-historic to exchange ideas by adding website content, especially in this era of instant messaging. But it’s very romantic!
28. Make pastries or desserts that are preferred by your husband or wife. To spice it up, apply the dessert on each others’ bodies and eat it right from there.
29. Participate in a one-day activity sponsored by a particular organization or group. Dedicate the special day to the needy. You’ll remember it whole life.
30. Go on the roof and enjoy the sight of stars in the night, you can make love right there as well if it’s a secure place to do that.
31. Make a candle-lit dinner for two. Play your pre-recorded message for your partner. It’ll be a nice surprise when the message starts playing all of a sudden
32. Make a sweet presentation disguised as a business lecture and let your partner watch in the process.
33. Create a numerous couple of portraits and make a hodgepodge that would be framed and posted on the wall.
34. Bake a heart-shaped cupcake to add a romantic feel.
35. Create a song with romantic lyrics to your partner.
36. Construct a map that requires a specific task. The last task should be the one that leads to your ultimate surprise.
37. Fill your partner’s vehicle with love letter post-its
38. Learn some foreign language (French or Spanish) and say romantic things to your partner using this lingo.
39. Ask favors from ten people to follow your plan to surprise your partner during the anniversary
40. Ask an artistic friend to make a caricature from your picture collection.
41. The same friend can paint of you two making love on a special day. Hang the picture in your bedroom. Tell your children (if you have) that those were other models 🙂
42. Make a cardboard mask and decorate it. Give it to your partner and act like you were the characters of the Phantom of the Opera.
43. Buy a fishbowl and place different inspirational messages that your partner can read until your next anniversary.
44. Go and watch your favorite sports live, if it’s on in your city. Dress up in the anniversary special T-Shirt. Tell everyone around that it’s your anniversary
45. Buy some balloons and write down your positive wishes in the next few years and let the object fly in the air.
46. Create a game wherein you compose a love letter in each balloon and your partner has to burst them or you kiss him/her.
47. Pretend you forgot the anniversary and ask your friend to invite her to a place especially catered to make her feel very special.
48. Look for cheap camping trips and experience nature. Go to her favorite place around your city
49. Try to make a love letter and place them on every course during the anniversary dinner.
50. Gift her your pictures. Edit different photos of you two taken at different times and make it into a multimedia clip.
51. Ask the department store a favor and page something sweet to your partner.
52. During your anniversary, make a customized shirt saying ‘lucky to have found the woman I love beside me’
53. Give your partner a mouse pad as a gift to always look at you when times seem to be tough and challenging.
54. Plant a tree together during your anniversary and watch it grow through the years. Or better, you can plant a tree in your partner’s name and leave a legacy behind. I recently came to know about a program TreeGiver. you can purchase a tree in his/her name. They’ll plant a tree and send you a picture of the tree and a certificate. What a great way to save nature and creating an outstanding gift!
55. Familiarize with how to make simple necklaces or pendants to give during the anniversary. Handcrafted jewelry has its meaning and impact
56. Make your partner a magazine and write some articles on important features that made you fall for him/her. You can print the writeups in the form of a magazine. Check with sites such as Jilster or Peecho, PrintNinja, etc.
Creative frugal anniversary ideas, that needs no planning or preparation
57. Body painting, paint your favorite thing on your partner’s body, take a picture and lock it up for viewing whenever you feel sexy.
58. A naughty game of cards, where the looser after each hand will pare a piece of dress from his/her body. Feeling excited?
59. Read your partner a romantic and unique poem.
60. Cuddle up on a blanket with hot chocolate.
61. Enjoy a stroll around the park in the morning with formal attire and stand out from the crowd.
62. If you are familiar with a music instrument, serenade your partner with the most romantic piece you can come up with.
63. Use different instruments to say I love you (e.g. mobile phone, email, text, and face-to-face).
64. Write a letter to your partner to be opened a year from now and emphasize how love just got stronger.
65. Make a collage of symbols that depict your feelings to your partner and how it continues to evolve.
66. Leave a message on your partner’s voicemail equal to the number of years you had been together.
67. Commission an inexpensive artist to create a portrait. May not be very frugal anniversary idea but if you get an artist whom you know already, this can prove cheap.
68. Enjoy a candle-lit date in a bathtub with champagne and strawberries
69. Have a picnic date on a warm sunny day.
70. If it’s a rainy day, rekindle your childhood and play with your partner in the rain. You can play your respective favorite childhood games. Doctor – Doctor, maybe 🙂
71. Whisper something sweet to your partner every hour during your anniversary date.
72. Highlight different love passages in the Bible and put a special note that is written by you.
73. Place some glow-in-the-dark star stickers with messages on your partner’s ceiling and enjoy a night watching while reading romantic letters.
74. Take your partner on top of the highest landmark in the city and shout how much you love him/her.
75. While your partner is sleeping, use a marker and write down one to three liners that best describes your relationship.
76. Don’t spend too much on fancy restaurants, if you can cook his/her favorite dish, then let it be.
77. Have a videotape and record messages from people close to your loved one.
78. Kiss your partner’s hand every 30 minutes and whisper something romantic in his/her ear.
79. Treat your partner to a discounted massage center
80. Go on watching series of adult movies and enact while doing so. Just start with watching the movies and rest will follow
81. Change your computer’s wallpaper to something sweet that your partner can see. Better, play partner’s favorite song and show the wallpaper to him/her.
82. Go to your favorite coffee shop and request the owner to post a greeting and a specialized message to your partner.
83. Try to go on top of the highest building in the city. In the roof deck, play music and slow dance to the tune.
84. Have a bonfire together and eat marshmallows and hotdog.
85. While waiting for your partner to arrive, wear a sign saying ‘I’m lost without you’. Remove it only when your spouse arrives and kisses you.
86. Try taking your partner to a Ferris wheel and hug when at the top.
87. Find a carnival where couples can enjoy different games and rides.
88. Try to go bowling together and wear a couple of shirts. Shirts can be pre-ordered as well.
89. Read to your partner wonderful passages that invoke a romantic feel in the situation.
90. Try to watch independent films with popcorn and the intention to cuddle in the process.
91. Make a way to learn how to massage and give your partner a good one on the back. and you know where mutual massage may end up 😉
92. Pamper your partner by giving her your version of manicure or pedicure.
93. Choose an inexpensive yet memorable present to commemorate the event. You can order a gift online with a custom message printed.
94. Play in the garden and roll around the grass.
95. Talk to your partner in the webcam, if you are apart and write down sweet notes. You can have a sexy role-play the same way you did it for the first time 😉
96. Leave a voice recorded message stating reasons why you fell in love with your partner and this should be commensurate with the number of years or months together.
97. In the morning of the anniversary, ask your partner what she wants to do, or, the first thing that pops in his/her head and then does it.
98. Try to have a good laugh during your anniversary either by playing around or watching something funny.
99. By midnight of your anniversary, surprise your partner by giving him/her something she doesn’t expect. Maybe an oral job that you guys are missing for years.
100. Surprise your partner by taking a day off from work and spending it all helping him/her accomplish specific tasks which were pending for days, if not years.
101. During this special day, treat your partners like a prince or princess. Fulfill each others’ every wish and please be reasonable with your wishes.
One of the commenters suggested this idea, which I thought is very cute and useful.
Give her puppy and name it “Anni”, short for the anniversary.
I am not sure which of the ideas I would implement but few hours of brainstorming and searching on the net produced the above low-cost and romantic anniversary gift ideas. Now it’s the time to put one of the ideas in practice.
Other good pages to search for a perfect anniversary gift
Readers, did you like my list of frugal anniversary gift ideas?
do you want to share your experience of spending a romantic anniversary together? Do you always go for costlier and pricier options to make the day memorable or you look to cut cost?