During the Coronavirus lockdown, it seems many of us have plenty of time in hand. No commuting to and from the workplace. Not many social gatherings. We often feel we have nothing to do. In reality if we put our brains, we get ideas. There are so many things around us, needing our attention!
Often I feel like I have nothing to do. So I end up surfing the net or playing games on my cellphone.
But there is so much you can do in your free time.
This article might make your free time pass-by faster while you achieve some satisfaction out of it.
Let me ask you, have you completed all the tasks for the day, or are you having a day off?
Does your company allow you a free afternoon every week or are you just having a holiday?
The things you do during this time when there is nothing to do could just bring change to your life, organization, or even your family. You need not do anything extravagant or anything that will tire you. Just a simple act that can help others and make you better is something worthwhile.
Believe me, you’ll feel happy if you accomplish any of these things. There can be thousand more activities let this article help you find those on your own.
It is about love, always love.
Do everything with love.
Do what you love to do.
101 things to do, when there is nothing to do
1) Earn some money
- You can earn quick money by registering for InboxDollars. You’ll get a free $5 bonus today when you sign up! You may have to wait a bit longer to get to $100, but it’s still easy money by doing things you do online anyway, like listening to music (yes seriously), watching ads, and a variety of other things. Plus, you get $5 just for signing up (just name and email address).
- SwagBucks is another site where you can earn money by answering surveys and shopping using their site. To top it up, when you join SwagBucks will also give you a $5 bonus. It is like, getting paid to do things you’d do anyway!!!
- PermissionResearch will send you a $5 Visa gift card when you register and answer your first survey within the first 7 days.
- Register for DOSH, the cashback app, which rewards you, in addition to your regular credit card rewards on purchases.
2) Jot down some new ideas which can be about your growth or about any new project you can do at your home, a new side hustle, a book to read, or a new game to play with your child.
3) Surf the internet and gain knowledge about things. Read online magazines
4) Play with your kids, spend quality time with them. As a parent, this is the best gift you can give to them
5) Write a thank-you note to someone who helped you. Send it via email, SMS, or letter.
6) Open YouTube and watch the latest hit videos. In my case, I watch Bollywood movie songs on YouTube often.
7) Get online and check how many people have responded to your blog.
8) Open a new bank account online and earn a promotional bonus.
9) Play your favorite music album and relax with it. A satisfied soul can be very productive later on.
10) Turn on food channel and cook the dish they are showing on TV.
11) Write a poem about your last springs experience and why you want to get the best out of this summer.
12) Read a book, try to finish a chapter. Or read the newspaper. Your goal is to learn something new.
13) Post an interesting event or a joke on your Facebook wall. You can take pictures of plants, people, flowers with your smartphone and post it as well
14) Visit your financial consultant to inquire about the best way to invest your new company profitability.
15) Consider taking some time out walking together with your partner.
16) Consider taking an online IQ test to gauge your level
17) Take online marketing paid surveys and earn some extra cash.
18) Dial-up an old friend you haven’t spoken to for years.
19) You can stretch your back to prevent lower back pain.
20) Help your partner in managing some of the domestic chores.
21) Check the results of the favorite team in the magazine or internet
22) Write the next chapter of your novel and think of how to make it the best in the market after publishing.
23) Plant some trees in the backyard and give it your name
24) Feed birds that come perching in a nearby tree
25) Build your dogs kennel using new dimensions
26) Start cooking something you love and haven’t eaten for a while.
27) Help your wife wash some dishes and prepare the next meal (in my case she won’t let me cook because I make a mess in the kitchen every time I cook)
28) Practice some simple yoga routines. Take help from youtube videos
29) Mow your lawn and water the plants. Weed out your garden/patio
30) Pray together with your family, visit church or temple.
31) Clean something, dust corner areas in your home, wipe the floors, arrange the cabinets.
32) Make as many paper planes and fly them from the balcony
33) Go to a movie hall and watch a movie alone with a jumbo popcorn to munch on. This will form a forever memory.
34) Have a chat with your friend/wife on the new methods of improving your communication and time efficiency
35) Tend to your lawn outside your office or house.
36) Go through the company financial report again to get more details about company performance.
37) Clip your nails, groom yourself.
38) Compete in mental mathematical calculations, especially multiplication with your partner or child.
39) Get your child to recite and teach you one of the songs they were taught by the teacher
40) Access the latest from your online newspaper copy.
41) Get into your competitor’s website and look at the new products that have been invented.
42) Compare the performance of your product with those of competitors.
43) Tell fiction story out of the blues and see how you can create and recite at the same time
44) Take some coffee with your production manager and listen to his new change management ideology.
45) Take some time with one or several employees to establish whether the new management motivation is working.
46) Look and count vehicles through your window
47) Count the number of people you see from your balcony
48) Head down to a plunge bath for additional relaxation.
49) Join a youth group discussion on new investments and the future of multinationals
50) Consider preparing your tea as opposed to order if from the café
51) Try painting using crayons. Consider competing with your child
52) Remember and write the names of all your classmates in college. reunite with them- call up, send text, etc.
53) Try to remember the names of managers for all the companies that you know
54) Take a stroll to wind up after a busy working schedule
55) Collect food to distribute to the poor
56) Donate blood to the local health center
57) Take a shower if it is too hot to feel more refreshed
58) Visit the new museum’s section and see what new has been presented.
59) Make your family budget for the month. Or check your last month’s spending and see if there’s anything unusual there.
60) Consider visiting a dentist to have your teeth checked
61) Take your pet for a checkup
62) Visit an animal orphanage with your children
63) Reach the credit rating company to find out your score and credit report.
64) Get your bank account statements and look at your cash flow. Is your finances cash flow positive?
65) Move to the highest point of the tallest building using the elevator and get back to the ground floor
66) Check your weight, if you gained some then write a plan target date and ways to go back to the previous number.
67) Call your financial advisor and enquire how to open a new business.
68) Go window shopping to identify the more cost-effective shopping mall
69) Drive to several animal health centers with a view of establishing the one with better facilities and services offered at lower rates
70) Take your bicycle and ride to the neighborhood
71) Jog or even mountain climb with a friend
72) Go sports hunting for legalized animals such as fish
73) Start learning a new language. There are many free online resources to get you started.
74) Volunteer to assist a local school sports team
75) Follow the progress of a building coming up in your compound
76) Setup a zoom meeting with your best friends.
77) Record a song with your family, hare it on social media.
78) Go and take photographs of outside or in the nearby tree
79) Count the number and types of birds you get in the bush
80) Check the new online courses that one can take while still working
81) Go out for a drive. Just go a few miles and come back. Listen to music and relax. Pick some less crowded roads. Set your distance based on the time you have.
82) Especially if you’re alone and your day was bad, cry out loud. This will help you get back positive energy. Kids do it all the time and come back more positive after every such episode.
83) Discuss with your online trainer about the subject you performed poorly in the last class.
84) Look at the recent merger of your competitor with another company.
85) Try to learn a new aspect of computers. Search for phrases like “10 hidden tricks in Mac” or “10 keyboard shortcuts in windows computer” on YouTube. You’ll be surprised by the result.
86) Check the market trend for local and international products and services. This could inform you on how to design recommendations about your company products
87) Look at changes in population trends both locally and internationally about your company products effectiveness
88) Write something, maybe a line of a poem, a paragraph of a news story. How your day went or what you want to achieve tomorrow. There are so many things to write about.
89) Make some home crafts using clay. Compete who makes the best between you and your child
90) Remove your bedroom items and fumigate the room
91) Remove the cobwebs from the house outside
92) Clean the gutter all around the house
93) Make paper toys with your child.
94) Go sports fishing with your child
95) Establish the rate of internet access especially in the emerging markets
96) Play with your pet
97) Do some political discussions with your friends. Time flies when a group of people talk about politics.
98) Take some leave and think about work effectiveness in the next five years. Are you lagging behind others? What’s the reason. Starting noting down for further analysis.
99) Men love fishing, even if you’re a woman, you can try a hand at fishing. Take the fishing gear, buy some baits and start fishing.
100) Ask your child to write the names of all the classmates. Then add a couple of sentences for each of them. Then add their hobbies, positive aspects, etc.
101) Start drinking! 🙂 You have nothing to do, then why not relax with a wine or a beer? When intoxicated we often don’t think straight. You’ll never feel you have nothing to do.
One Bonus thing to do!
102) go to OCAAT archive and read the past posts, you’ll not be disappointed
If you think you can find various other time pass activities. If you want to enjoy every moment of your life or want to leave a mark behind, you’ll never be in a situation where you have nothing to do.
Do share how you liked the post and what is your favorite activity that you do when there is absolutely nothing worth doing.