Last week while coming home from a trip to Yellowstone with 100 other passengers in a 5-hour flight from Denver to Ft. Lauderdale. I was thinking what should I be doing there. The idea for this post came to my mind then and there. I watched people doing all sorts of things on the flight and made mental notes of the things I thought were interesting.
Some of the ideas like hand wrestling, playing card games on your tablet computer, knitting sweaters and writing letters, etc were originated in flight. I often find myself in a situation where I have nothing important to do. This article might make your free time pass by faster while you achieve some satisfaction out of it. Aren’t we supposed to make our lives meaningful?
Actually, nowadays I look at traffic stats and Facebook updates when I don’t have anything to do. Which are pure time-wasting activities? This article can eliminate such time waste from my life and from your life.
Let me ask you, have you completed all the tasks for the day or are you having a day off?
Does your company allow you a free afternoon every week or are you just having a holiday?
The things you do during this time when there is nothing to do could just bring change to your life, organization or even your family. You need not do anything extravagant or anything that will tire you. Just a simple act that can help others and make you better is something worthwhile.
Believe me, you’ll feel happy if you accomplish any of these things. There can be thousand more activities let this article help you find those on your own.
It is about love, always love.
Do everything with love.
Do what you love to do.
101 things to do, when there is nothing to do
1) Earn $30 right now
- Earn $15 today, for reading this blog. TopCashback is offering our readers a $15 signup bonus today. Apply through this link. Remember to buy at least $1 worth of an item that you’ll anyway buy in-store, from the Topcashback portal to claim your $15
- You can earn quick money by registering for InboxDollars. You’ll get a free $5 bonus today when you sign up! You may have to wait a bit longer to get to $100, but it’s still easy money by doing things you do online anyway, like listening to music (yes seriously), watching ads and a variety of other things. Plus, you get $5 just for signing up (just name and email address).
- SwagBucks is another site where you can earn money by answering surveys and shopping using their site. To top it up, when you join SwagBucks will also give you a $5 bonus. It is like, getting paid to do things you’d do anyway!!!
- PermissionResearch will send you a $5 Visa gift card when you register and answer your first survey within the first 7 days.
2) Jot down some new ideas and even invite a friend to chat with them, ideas can be about your own growth or about any new project you can do at your home
3) Surf internet and gain knowledge about things. Read online magazines
4) Play with your kid, child or baby, spend quality time with them. As a parent, this is the best gift you can give to them
5) Write a thank you note to your friends and child’s teachers
6) Open YouTube and watch latest hit videos. In my case, I watch Bollywood movie songs on YouTube often.
7) Get online and check how many people have responded to your blog.
8) Request your favorite song on the radio
9) Play your favorite music
10) Find out how your YouTube videos are doing since you updated them.
11) Write a poem about your last springs experience and why you want to get the best out of this summer.
12) Roll out in the lawn and have your child take some photos
13) Post an interesting event or a joke on your Facebook wall. You can take pictures of plants, people, flowers with your smartphone and post it as well
14) Visit your financial consultant to inquire on the best way to invest your new company profitability.
15) Consider taking some time out walking together with a friend your child.
16) Consider taking an online IQ test in order to gauge your level
17) Take an online marketing paid survey to increase your income.
18) Converse with a person dials the wrong number
19) Imagine people who will have lived and died by 2099
20) Respond to your facebook friends request and inform them about your new product.
21) Check the results of favorite team in the magazine or internet
22) Write the next chapter of your novel and think of how to make it the best in the market after publishing.
23) Plant some trees in the backyard and give it your name
24) Feed birds that come perching in a nearby tree
25) Build your dogs kennel using new dimensions
26) Sprinkle some water into your new flowers
27) Help your wife wash some dishes and prepare the next meal (in my case she won’t let me cook because I make a mess in the kitchen every time I cook)
28) Climb up a tree and get some twigs
29) Trim your lawn and water the plants. Weed out your garden/patio
30) Pray together with your family, visit church or temple if possible
31) Clean the driveway extending to the neighbors area
32) Make as many paper planes and fly them from the balcony
33) Make a surprise visit to your workers at the factory
34) Have a chat with your friend/wife on the new methods of improving your communication and time efficiency
35) Tend to your lawn outside your office or house.
36) Go through the company financial report again to get more details about the company performance.
37) Count on a backward trend from 1000 to 100
38) Compete in mental mathematical calculations, especially multiplication with your partner or child.
39) Get your child recite and teach you one of the songs they were taught by the teacher
40) Access the latest from your online newspaper copy.
41) Get into your competitors website and look at the new products that have been invented.
42) Compare the performance of your product with those of competitors.
43) Tell fiction story out of the blues and see how you can create and recite at the same time
44) Take some coffee with your production manager and listen on his new change management ideology.
45) Take some time with one or several employees to establish whether the new management motivation is working.
46) Look and count vehicles through your window
47) Count the number of people you see from your balcony
48) Head down to a plunge bath for additional relaxation.
49) Join a youth group discussion on new investments and future of multinationals
50) Consider preparing your own tea as opposed to ordering if from the café
51) Try painting using crayons. Consider competing with your child
52) Remember and write the names of all your classmates in college
53) Try to remember the names of managers for all the companies that you know
54) Take a stroll to wind up after a busy working schedule
55) Collect food to distribute to the poor
56) Donate blood to the local health center
57) Take a shower if it is too hot in order to feel more refreshed
58) Visit the new museums section and see what new has been presented.
59) Make your family budget
60) Consider visiting a dentist to have your teeth checked
61) Take your pet for check up
62) Visit an animal orphanage with your children
63) Reach the credit rating company to find out your personal rating.
64) Get your bank account statement and look at how it is fairing
65) Move to the highest point of the tallest building using the elevator and get back to the ground floor
66) Check your weight
67) Call your financial advisor and enquire how to open a new business.
68) Go window shopping to identify the more cost effective shopping mall
69) Drive to several animal health centers with a view of establishing the one with better facilities and services offered at lower rates
70) Take your bicycle and ride to the neighborhood
71) Jog or even mountain climb with a friend
72) Go sports hunting for the legalized animals such as fish
73) Learn a foreign language online
74) Volunteer to assist a local school sports team
75) Follow progress of a building coming up in your compound
76) Clean the drain system
77) Record a song with your family
78) Go and take photographs on your lawn or in the nearby tree
79) Count the number and types of birds you get in the bush
80) Check the new online courses that one can take while still working
81) Review the next corporate meeting agenda and time
82) Play your favorite video
83) Discuss with your online trainer about the subject you performed poorly in the last class.
84) Look at the recent merger of your competitor with another company.
85) Try to learn a new aspect of computers
86) Check the market trend for the local and international products and services. This could inform you on how to design recommendations about your company products
87) Look at changes in population trends both locally and internationally in relation to your company products effectiveness
88) Write a newsletter for the family
89) Make some home crafts using clay. Compete who makes the best between you and your child
90) Remove your bedroom items and fumigate the room
91) Remove the cobwebs from the house outside
92) Clean the gutter all around the house
93) Make toys with your child
94) Go sports fishing with your child
95) Establish the rate of internet access especially in the emerging markets
96) Take some interest in the international politics by looking at some reports about Iran and North Korea nuclear reports.
97) Reflect on the recently passed policies that affect your workplace.
98) Take some leave and think about the effectiveness of your business in the next five years. This should speculatively factor the change in political leadership.
99) Look yourself in the mirror and compare the image with your children
100) Count the cash in your home safe after estimating
101) Ask your child to write the names of all the classmates
One Bonus thing to do!
102) go to OCAAT archive and read the past posts, you’ll not be disappointed
If you think of you can find various other time pass activities. If you want to enjoy every moment of your life or want to leave a mark behind, you’ll never be in a situation where you have nothing to do.
Do share how you liked the post and what is your favorite activity that you do when there is absolutely nothing worth doing.