Gifting is my favorite topic to write about. A few months back we were invited into a friends birthday party and we had a hard time picking a gift. The idea to create a ready-to-refer list of birthday gifts took shape that day. I want to make this your last stop before making a decision. Each one of the ideas cost $50 or less in most of the places, with some odd exceptions. I do hope you like it the way you liked my list of anniversary gifts.
This list is divided in to categories your gift recipient fits in to. Feel free to skip to appropriate section for quick glance if you’re short of time. Else, read through the entire list. You’ll find a few you want to explore more. It took me more than 3 months to finish this list. Do let me know what you think about it and what other useful birthday gifts you can think of. Best of luck for your hunt.
(See also – Amazing Gift ideas under $5 through Fiverr)
Factors to Consider when Giving Gifts
If you wish to search for the best present you can give to a person, then, it is helpful to know the person you are giving the present to. Some of the factors that you need to take into account are his/her preferences, likes and most preferred stuff. In the event that you do not have access to such information, then, it will become difficult for you to pick which one to give particularly when there are countless of options to choose from since you do not have the ideas of what the recipient of the gift prefers.
Needless to say, a gift that comes from the heart is deemed as one of the greatest things you can provide because this implies that you have provided sufficient thought and consideration into selecting it.
Hence, it matters to regard some aspects and factors when you are picking or getting a special present for someone.I have given many gifts from sites like Etsy and Cloud 9, which have always worked out extremely well.
Such factors are comprised of the following:
- One of the first and most vital factors which you need to look at is the budget that you would have or would be willing to spend on the present. It is absolutely recommendable if you can set a fixed budget or price which you can utilize for purchasing the present so that you would be able to conceive of which kind of present can suit in the budget you set.
- Also look at the social affair or specific occasion where you will be giving the present. Such would ensure that the present may take into account that giving is suitable for the event or occasion.
- Observe the bond between you and the recipient of the present. You need to assess whether you have intimate connection such as mother, father, sister, brother, friend, girlfriend, boyfriend, colleague and the like. If you are closer to the recipient, you may consider giving more customized or personalized present. Once you have assessed what type of connection you have with the recipient, then, it becomes easier for you to ponder whether you would give personal or impersonal present.
- Then, the question that you need to explore now is how would you make or purchase a special present that would be essentially delighting for the recipient? Picking the most wonderful and the best present to a person does not necessarily mean spending extravagantly. As a matter of fact, a keepsake that is not high-priced has literally possess the capability to hold more significance as compared to very costly ones if it is a present that was well-thought-of and made or prepared with more love, time and effort.
- Finally, the next question you need to delve into is how to categorize a keepsake gift? This is something which can be treasured for all time and kept for long years. This present is usually linked with your recipient’s emotions, memories as well as experiences. A nice addition to the present would be heartfelt messages that will make your recipient how loved and treasured he/she is.
201 Perfect Birthday Gifts That Fits Most Pockets
To ensure that the gifts you pick are appropriate for your recipient’s preferences, occasion and emotions; then, it make sense to go over the following gift ideas.
Birthday Gift Ideas for the grownups
For the Dad
As a man, I don’t have much affection on wearable. I tend to believe that’s true for most men. A gift that indulges me is a perfect gift. Once, my wife gifted a fishing kit and that’s probably the best birthday gift I ever received.
- A shaving kit – My favorite gift for dad
- A Pair of belts – I am sure your dad uses an old one, every dad does
- Carbon Steel Health Tracker
- Custom Leather Key Fob
- Leather Kit Travel Bag
- A shirt – Very conventional and common gift, evergreen too
- A cap with his favorite team logo – See him wear it while watching the next match
- Desk Organizer
- Travel Mug – best personalized with picture
- A not so costly perfume or after shave
- Necktie matching with his favorite shirt
- A ticket to his favorite team game
- A digital photo frame preloaded with pictures from your childhood
- A cook book – Great for men who love cooking
- Wrist watch – for the fashionable
- Handkerchiefs in which his initials are embroidered
- Cedar Shoe Valet ( a handy kit)
- Leather belt – for the fashionable
- Ultimate Swiss Army knife – Even if men don’t use it, they love it
- BBQ tool set – And except a BBQ invitation soon
- Remote Control Cooler
- Any garden tool – for the man with green thumb
- Windshield Display GPS
- Pull-Thru Knife Sharpener
- Head Mounted Flashlight –
- Portable Road Trip Grill – to get food while travelling with him
For the Mom
- Mom Quote Wall Art
- Keepsakes Box
- Customized Jewelry Box
- Personalized Kimono Robe
- Napform Eye Mask
- Soft Pillow with Mom’s Picture
- Menu Glass Kettle Teapot
- Calming Bath & Body Spa Basket
- Personalized Bracelet
- Birthstone Rings
- Cosmetics Case
- Personalized Apron
- Personalized Garden Tote & Tool Bag
- Customized Wood Recipe Box
- Your Mom’s Most Favorite and Signature Perfume
- Set of Utensils
- Foot Bath
- Sun Hat
- Gardening Gloves
- Teapot Set
- Personalized Scarf
- Garden Pots
- Ceramic Mortar and Pestle
- Organizer purse
- Foot Spa Set
Birthday Gift Ideas for Children
- Animal Dominoes
- Tabletop Easel
- Steel Balance Bike
- Basketball Hoop Set
- Lego board game Creationary
- Sketch-foam Print Making Kit
- Weather Science Kit
- Wii Bowling Ball
- Casual Sneakers
- USB Flash Drive
- Personalized Lunch Box
- World Treasure Hunt Map
- Kids Cotton Robot Bedding
- Classic Checkers Sets
- Nintendo 3Ds Consoles
- Customized Pillow
- Titanium LED Display Watch
- Pocket Microscope
- Art Set
- 3D Drawing Pad
- Water Gun
- Toy Kitchen Accessory Set
- Craft Jar
- Large Handprint Canvas Set
- Huggable Stuffed Animals
- All Natural Paint Kit
- Printed ABC Blocks With Tray
- Jungle Gym Set
- Lunch Box Set
- Personalized Fairy Tale Books
- Toy Tea Set
- Doll House
- Vanity Playset
- Kids’ Pajamas
- Portable Ping Pong Set
- Steel Balance Bike
- Backyard Slackline
- Fairy Princess Puzzle
- Personalized Pencil Case
- Magazines for Kids
- Nerd Flashcards
- Swivel Board Game
- 3D Board Game
- Popular Playstix
- Barbie Doll
Birthday Gift Ideas for Friends
Gift Ideas for Male Friends
- Personalized T-shirt
- Customized Mug
- Personalized Shot Glass
- Hangover Kit
- Leather Travel Wash Bag
- Action and Underwater Video Camera
- Personalized Tie Hanger
- Gentleman Wash Bag
- Leather Wallet
- Quarter Yard Beer Glass
- Personalized Stainless Steel Wine Cooler
- MP3 Headphone Hat
- Key Finder
- Scribble Writing Alarm Clock
- Travel Journal
- Laundry Punch Bag
- Bike Ride Kit
- Personalized Towel Set
- Slow Juicer
- Man Bar Tools
- Sunglasses Holder
- Messenger Bag
- 18-Volt Drill And Driver Kit
Gift Ideas for Female Friend
- Customized Bracelet
- A Cute Diary
- A Mug with Quote
- Framed Photo of Both of You
- Customized T-shirt with Funny Message
- Scented Candle’s
- Bangle Set
- Personalized Aroma Oil Diffuser
- Pillow Cover
- Decorative Box
- A Set of Nail Paints
- Customized Phone Cover
- Print Notebook
- Handheld Bag
- Personalized Brooch
- Mini Sling Bag
- Bath Essentials
- Customized Pencil Holder
- Cosmetic Kit
- Pencil and Pen Holder
- Desk Lamp
- Alarm Clock
- Customized Chimes
- Pouch Bag
- Customized Umbrella
Birthday Gift Ideas for your Partner
Gift Ideas for your Wife or Girlfriend
(See Also – Romantic gifts for your spouse)
- Personalized Cushion
- Chocolate Bouquet – perhaps you’ll get to bite too
- Teddy Bear in Basket – When you don’t like to be cuddled
- Customized Ladies Wallet – No you can’t see what’s inside, once its hers.
- Her Favorite Perfume – Before the last one finishes
- Necklace – Make sure it doesn’t backfire
- Bath and Spa Kit
- Cosmetic bag
- Jewelry box – just the box
- Personalized Scarf – People make scarfs with custom prints
- Personalized T-shirt
- Cute Slippers
- Handwritten letter of your love for her
- Mug with your couple picture
- Her favorite lotion
- Personalized Journal
- Sunglasses – eyes are too precious
- Homemade Cookies and Pastries – only if yo bake better than her
- Breakfast in bed – if you don’t do it every day
- Wrist Watch – Prepare to make another trip for custom fit
- A Pair of Pretty Shoes – No worries if she has 100 already
- A Vacation on Her Favorite Place – When within budget
- A Bouquet of Her Favorite Flower – better you get it delivered while you are away
- A Concert Ticket of Her Favorite Singer/Artist – Just drive her to the venue without telling her the intention
Gift Ideas for your Husband or Boyfriend
- His Favorite Perfume – Umm.. this is for you though
- Portable Mobile Phone Charger – when he loses the last one
- Wristwatch – The bigger it is, better it is
- PS4 – Let him play inside
- Sports jacket – inspire him to exercise
- Hardware tool set of any kind – Every man loves tools
- Universal Charger – He’ll love it even if he’s not going out of country ever
- Travel Wash Bag – If your man’s a traveler
- Nap Pillow – Obviously when you are not talking
- A fit bit – don’t call him out-of-shape
- MP3 AMP Speaker – You may like some of the songs he listens to
- A head phone – to keep his calm 🙂
- A fishing rod – When he wants to spend alone times
- Solar Powered Nightlight – for the handyman in him
- Soft and Cotton Comforter Cover – You’ll use as well
- A pair of shoes – Not to compete with you though
- Flexible Lunch Box – let him brown bag and save
- Pen Holder – to decorate his office
- Hat – for the sophisticated
- Fashion Bracelet for Men – Many wear these days
- Bottle Opener – For those weekend sessions
- Gentlemen’s Hardware Manicure Set – If you think he’s in need
- Outerwear jacket – When he wears the same one every time
- Travel Mug – Why to buy coffee outside
- Weekend Bag – He’ll take you along
- Sunglasses – To hide his staring eyes.
Fortunately, there are a lot of local stores and online shopping sites which we can refer to when searching for the best, economical and most suitable gifts for our loved ones and friends these days.
More than that, finding the gift that match our preferences and budget is no longer that complicated as it was in the past. Be reminded that you need not spend too much to show how much the person means to you, what matters is that your sole purpose is to express your true feelings, love and gratitude.
The recipient of the gift becomes happier when the gift was given with a heart. This means that it’s actually the thought that counts. When you know that the person who gave the gift to you devoted some effort and time searching for or preparing for something that he/she knows will make you happy and feel loved, without a doubt, the feeling is priceless and this only makes the gift worth-keeping for years.
So, if you are planning to give someone a special present, see to it that you research a bit in terms of what that person likes. If you do not have enough budget; you just need to unleash the resourcefulness and creativity in you to come up with more personalized gifts.
Bear in mind that all too often customized gifts are more preferred because preparing or making this type of gift entails more time, more dedication and more love.
You can consider the 201 birthday gift ideas presented above so that thinking of what suitable gifts to give to the special people in your life will no longer be a tough challenge for you. Remember giving is loving. So, make sure to give with love and sincerity. By doing so, you and your recipient will also be happy.
Mrs. Frugalwoods says
Agreed on the kitchen knife sharpener for menfolk who enjoy cooking! I got one for Mr. Frugalwoods a few years ago and he loves that thing.
And the funny thing is that I still haven’t used mine which was gifted to me once
Connie @ Savvy With Saving says
Totally agree about wristwatches for guys and the bigger, the better! Got one for the bf and he loves it!
I have a few watches and I only use the bigger ones.For some reason men these days are inclining towards bigger ones. We feel like our wrists are full with a bigger dial.
Jason @ Phroogal says
My favorite gifts are consumables. I’m a minimalist so I tend to go for things I can eat and share with others. That doesn’t go quite as well with my nieces and nephews but I’ve managed to stick within a budget for them. I have 12 nieces and nephews so you can imagine how the holidays can get a pretty bit out of hand.
12 Nephew, are you kidding? I can imagine your spend on holidays. Wow! You may consider $5 gifts from fiverr. I love to eat as well and fond of getting cakes and chocolates but when it comes to birthdays I do love something that I can enjoy seeing after 20 years. Naturally I like to give such gifts that are memorable.
Anne @ Unique Gifter says
Nice work putting together such a huge list! I love how it includes experiences and nice gestures, not just things.
Thanks Anne, much appreciate!
Joseph Hogue says
What a list. I found a few on just about each list that I wouldn’t mind getting.
I’m pretty frugal so I was a little disappointed that there were not more free event or make-your-own gift ideas on the list.
Excellent post. I was viewing continually this website and I’m happy! Really helpful information.
Thank you so much for kind words!
etheestore Anniversary Gifts says
This was an excellent, detailed and very well written article that I am sure lots of people will benefit from when searching for suitable gifts for their loved ones. I think it is imperative for people to research carefully before purchasing, thanks for the useful advice!
Really I am impressed. why not i have seen huge amount of article but this one is the best ever. I hope this gift ideas will help peoples to find out perfect gift ideas for beloved. Thank you author.
Acton Ace says
A diamond pendant, a ring, a bracelet or a full diamond embedded necklace can be the most special and cherished gift which a man can offer to his wife or girlfriend. As said, ladies have a great fondness for diamonds, thus they love to wear it in any form or shape. If her birthday is on the way, then certainly it is the best option to choose. Along with these occasions of celebrations, diamonds are the kind of gift which you can gift to anyone. The options in which diamonds come are many and thus you will easily find the best gift for your girlfriend, wife, father, mother, kids or any other special person in your life. So, if you also want this festive season to be a memorable one for you and your loved ones then you can get in touch with Century Diamonds Outlet as they have great numbers of options in Diamond rings, earrings, Bracelets, Watches and a number of other things. I must say they provide 100% authentic diamonds and the best part about them is that they have an affordable price range that will not pinch your pocket as well. goo.gl/YaJYph
[email protected] says
I have read many blogs on birthday but this has to be the most detailed with 201 gift ideas!
Very helpful. Thank you for sharing amazing ideas with everyone.
Lissa Clay says
Thanks for sharing this money saving idea with us. Birthday gifts make birthday moment more special. If you want to buy the perfect gift for your family member or friend then you have to check the online website or store. Online website or Store provide you best gift at an affordable price.
Dennis M. Brown says
wow Amazing !! i like your blog very Good ideas For Birthday Gifts
Sakshi Saroj says
I always have difficulty in selecting gifts for my male friends and cousins.I am also thinking of gifting my dad man bar tools set on his next birthday.Seems pretty cool!Thanks for sharing.
sam leon says
Thanks for sharing this money saving idea with us.Really I am impressed.Amazing ideas.
Axon Clarke says
Super Cool Stuffs ! I have bookmarked this site, for I am sure I will be needing it very soon. Thank you so much for these creative and authentic gifts ideas on various topic. Just the thing I was looking for. Can you tell me where will I get these gifts online?
Divya Malhotra says
Thanks for sharing this blog. Now I have lots of option for birthday gifts. My friends and family would be happier.
Glad read this,as you have shared it very well. Even I got inspired by reading this. Thank you for sharing. Keep updating new ideas like this!!