Many of us give to charities. I contribute from my paycheck as my employer matches charitable contribution, dollar by dollar. Although I don’t even give 1% of my income to charities, I think I should. importance of giving is the subject of today’s post.
More than 1 billion people are starving in the world For the majority in the West, poverty is considered to be synonymous with hunger. As per the announcement by the United Nations Food and Agriculture Organization, more than 1 billion people are starving in the world.
But is this actually the truth? Are there truly 1 billion people who go to bed hungry every night?
They have collected data, spoken to the poor, what they eat, what they buy and they’ve even tapped into their wealth.
What they found out is that the story of poverty and hunger is way more complex than any other theory.
On the other hand, there is another world which is being measured by the number of millionaires and billionaires.
At yet another part of the same world, where more than a billion people go off to bed without having their portion of food for the lack of money to buy them.
There is a striking difference between the lifestyles lead by both these groups and as per the current economic state; there can even be no such way of bridging the gap between the richer and the poorer.
Giving or donating is a virtue which very few practice in today’s world. Why should we give? What is the importance of giving? Let’s take a look.
Importance of giving
- You facilitate encouragement: When you help someone or offer you help to some needy person, you actually facilitate a strong encouragement. In giving, there is kindness and compassion which can temporarily or even permanently uplift the person’s nature or his rough situation, which he is going through. Giving conveys a sense of strong faith and a spirit of ‘I believe in you’ which can act as one of the best sources of renewal for a person who is hurt.
- You set an example: When you offer you helping hand to someone who’s needy, you set a true example of kindness. If your children or anyone else see you helping the needy, they can learn a lot from you. So you become an example to your friends, family, and children.
- Sets a positive tone: When you give to others, it sets a powerful and positive tone for the entire day. Since you’re kind enough to others, you experience high levels of happiness and fulfillment and this radiates a sense of attractiveness which others are attracted towards. So, you can successfully set a positive tone for the entire day through such acts of kindness.
- Creates a rippling effect: When you offer money towards the charity and help others, this creates a profound rippling impact. You can never imagine how your single act of kindness can change lives in multiple ways than what you could ever imagine seeing you, there will be many others who will start following you.
- You make a difference: Lending your helping hand is perhaps the easiest thing that you can ever do your life to make a huge difference. This can definitely have a momentous impact on others lives and you will be rather proud of bringing about this change in the lives of others.
- Changes you in a good way: You grow when you give and when you become selfless. Selflessness and giving to the needy changes you in a remarkably good way which you might not get through any other way.
- It comes back to you: We are Hindus, and we believe in karma, we say As you sow, so shall you reap. When you bring a smile to others someone will pay it forward to make you smile in some form or other.
Have a budget for charity, have the heart to donate and be prudent to give where it’s needed most. check a charity’s credentials before giving to them.
You can find more information on the people starving at world hunger website.
So, are you intrigued by reading the above-mentioned points?
If answered yes, keep giving as much as you can to the needy and to the starved. Think twice before wasting your food as there are so many people who don’t get their regular portions of food.