Today we will talk about the power of the garage.
And it’s used as a business hub:
A place where companies like Apple and Google started their long march ahead.
A garage is where you start with having a bright idea and possibly nothing except the idea.
This is where your brain works wonder!
Running your small business from your garage seems a small step towards that giant leap you might be soon taking on. (borrowed from Neil Amstrong)
Truth is, a fancy office is unnecessary to start an auspice’s business venture;
And for a great number of owners, their garage can be the perfect place where you can get started.
A perfect example of this is when the visionary Steve Jobs partnered with the hobbyist Wozniak.
From Job’s garage, they conceptualized the vision “computer for the rest of us.”
It was in 1975, using Job’s parents’ garage, with $1,350 capital, Apple started. And the rest is history.
When Steve Jobs died at the age of 56, his net-wroth was $10.2B!
Not everybody can be Steve Jobs, but many of us can be a fraction of that.
Indeed, there are so many perks to launching a small business in your garage, and one of these advantages is that you could always start with the savings.
For sure, no one wants to spend much especially when you do not sufficient funds to get started.
Now, is it possible to start a small business in your garage?
Benefits of using the garage as a business venue
1. You’re saving on rent. Potentially you could save thousands of dollars in a year.
You can put this into your business as capital.
2. You can use your family, friends or neighbors as they help needed
3. You save on utility bills
4. You can do whatever you want in your garage – you can cook food, you can write, you can do packaging and ship your products right from your garage.
5. You save on commute – not only money but you save on commute time also.
6. You can work anytime you wanted – midnight or noon.
7. You are still secluded from usual disturbances of being at home with others that can interfere with your work.
8. This provides you with similar access to receiving and sending packages via postal services, as you would expect in a commercial setup.
Before taking the plunge, it is a must to thoroughly look into your local zoning codes to learn more about the restrictions in place.
Search for distinct enterprise options for entrepreneurs searching to launch their businesses from the garage.
Some ideas to start a small enterprise in your garage
- Launch an at-home type of business – computer, software, app, etc.
- If you are passionate about doing repairs on various tools, appliances, devices and other sorts of equipment, then you could use your garage as work and storage space.
- Consider turning your garage into a workshop for your hobbies.
- If you are good at baking, creating some cute and unique items that can be ideal gifts for different occasions.
- If you have exceptional sales talk ability, then you can start selling online.
- Import/export business, where you receive cheaper goods from overseas and sell them here at a margin.
- You can open a small company with an office like table setup made in your garage. A two-car garage can accommodate up to 8 employees with their desks.
- Opening a gym in your garage is a great idea to consider.
You can transform your unused garage into a workshop and for sure with outstanding talent and determination to succeed;
You can provide yourself a great spot where to expand your enterprise.
- If you have larger garages, then it is practical to invest a little and convert this spot into a workshop space suitable for many hobbyists or artists to rent, this would enable you to have additional income sources.
- Do you like yoga? Then, you can be a yoga instructor. More and more people these days are becoming health conscious. The reason for this does not merely center on looking good and having the ideal physique, but to live healthier and keep yourself away from fatal diseases.
If you are well-versed in practicing yoga, start setting up your very own yoga studio and share your expertise with others who also wish to learn more about it.
Yoga is both for young and old ones and you could facilitate your yoga sessions right at your own home.
Isn’t it wonderful to do things you love and earn from it?
And, the good news is that you can use your unused garage to get started.