A thriving economy means the playing field is wide open for newcomers by way of entrepreneurship and business investing. With more and more technical skill development allowing you to work from home or software genius giving you the opportunity to be your own boss, the possibilities for making your own way in the world are becoming a reality for more individuals since the Great Recession.
As new businesses open or ideas get tossed around thinktank, venture capitalism becomes a way to strengthen the dreams of small business owners while making investors more financially secure. Here are eleven ways venture capitalism is important for the American economy.
1. It promotes entrepreneurs. Although a lot of wonderful things have been invented and there are a number of necessary services on the market, there is always room for improvements or new ideas to make the world a better place. Entrepreneurs are just like laboratory researchers who are ready to present their breakthrough to the world. With the right funding, such as warm welcome to the field from a venture capitalist like Mark Stevens who backs his interest with investment dollars, the hopeful entrepreneur can bridge the gap from technical prowess to a commercially viable business.
2. It promotes new products. The popular television show Shark Tank has shown how important investment funding is for new ideas and products to become more than prototypes. Financial assistance is what takes garage assembly to mass production status, offering the world something it didn’t know it needed.
3. It encourages customers. Some of the companies that provide venture capital to their customers extend their help beyond a hefty paycheck. Many financial institutions also work with their customers to craft a solid marketing campaign, give technical support, and assist with management needs.
4. It brings out hidden talents. When an entrepreneur is working out of a shed on the back forty, there may be too much stress and insecurity to fully explore the ideas rushing around in his head. When there is less financial pressure on the individual, there may be more time to devote to other areas of development or take additional training measures to improve design or personal ability.
5. It can be a catalyst for self-motivation. Venture capital isn’t free money, and at some point, the debt will be collected. The borrower will develop managerial and financial skills according to the pressure that is felt concerning the payoff on the loan. This forces a self-dependence on the borrower, which ultimately motivates the project toward success.
6. It creates jobs. Entrepreneurship that has received financial investment serves as a beacon of hope for those who unemployed but sitting on good ideas. As venture capitalists promote self-employment, it can be a motivating factor for others to reach and work toward new ideas or businesses that haven’t been tried so far.
7. It brings financial security. The financial benefits of investing in a new business work to the advantages of both investor and receiver. As a new business becomes profitable, venture capital institutions are able to raise their own capital. As a whole, the capital market is strengthened.
8. It helps technology improve. There are new developments with technology occurring daily. As small businesses or new ventures come to fruition, it gives technology a place to grow and adapt. Modern technology responds to the needs of the enterprise.
9. It helps companies that are financially unhealthy. With an influx of capital, companies on the verge of collapse may be able to breathe new life. In these cases, the financial institutions often become involved with management and operating decisions, ensuring that the investments are not wasted on a business that can’t recover.
10. It helps improve isolated or underperforming industries. There are some industries that may be struggling based on the geographic location or the labor pool for the employment body. In spite of a well-run facility, the environmental factors could impact the overall success of these backward industries. With a venture capitalist investing in all areas of the company, it can alter the trajectory of the company and bring in new talent that can make changes or spur additional growth.
11. It helps grow the economy. The American economy is only as strong as the companies and individuals that support it. By investing in new entrepreneurship and working to rebuild sick companies, the economy gets a booster shot of hope and growth. The increased production of the good that consumers need will create more supply for the demand that has long existed. More options mean more competition, which can help drive costs lower and improve the purchasing power of the American people. The added growth can also spill over into exports, as a global economy could benefit from a quality product and competitive price.
The cycle goes around, as greater demand equates to more employment opportunities. In general, venture capitalists improve the standard of living for the American people. New businesses are created and everyone benefits.