Travel from India to the Schengen Area has increased exponentially, especially in the last decade. As Germany boasts of great tourist vistas, student and work benefit the country has become a preferred destination for many from India.
As per the travel requirements, Indian nationals are required to carry visas granted by Germany as per the stated reason for the visit. As Indian nationals are one of the most frequent masses of tourists, students, and professionals that visit the country, the information required to apply for a Germany visa for Indians is essential to go through for prospective applicants.
The process of applying for a visa can be replete with trial and error if an applicant is not fully equipped with adequate information that is necessary to proceed with, beforehand. Therefore, let us look at the fundamentals of the German visa for Indians and why it is needed.
Firstly, one of the reasons the German visa for Indians is needed is to stipulate the purpose of visit and the duration of the same of the aforementioned foreign national to Germany. Indians may visit as tourists, as students, or for business. Let us look at the various Germany visa categories:
- Tourist/Visit: For Indian nationals who want to visit Germany to travel or to meet family and relatives living in Germany.
- Student Applicant Visa: For prospective university students who wish to study in Germany and do not have a German University confirmation letter yet.
- Language Course Visa: For Indian nationals who wish to study German in Germany as a specialized language course.
- Student Visa: For Indian national students that have been accepted into a German University.
- Job Seeker Visa: For prospective job applicants who wish to enter Germany to acquire a job.
- Business Visa: For people who seek to visit Germany for business.
- Airport Transit: For travelers that seek to change flights to their destination from the German airports.
- Working Visa: For working professionals with jobs in Germany.
- Guest Scientist Visa: For scientists and scholars that seek to visit Germany at the invitation of a credible institution or research facility for work.
- Training/ Internship Visa: For individuals that seek to visit Germany for their training or an on-field internship.
- Medical Visa: For people seeking a certain medical procedure and treatment in Germany that may not be available on their own.
- Trade Fair and Exhibitions Visa: For businessmen and professionals who seek to visit Germany to participate in a trade fair or exhibition.
Under the requisites under each visit, the visa holder will be allowed to visit Germany for the stipulated duration. Germany visa for Indians falls under the Schengen visa which is a short-stay visa. This visa mostly covers the European Union free-travel zone, which has most European countries under the free travel agreement.
The application process for the German visa for Indians is fairly straightforward, as it requires the applicant to sit through an application process and interview before acquiring said visa. Let us look at the steps of the application process for a German visa for Indians:
- Contact visa agent or visa consulate to be instructed with the required document checklist necessary for applicant verification for the process.
- Duly fill the visa application form and acquire all necessary documents.
- Schedule an appointment with the embassy for the visa application process, please note that it must be at least 3 months before the date of visit.
- Pay the visa fee, retain the receipt and hand it over to the consular officer during the interview for verification.
- Arrive at the embassy for the interview on time, carrying all necessary documents for verification and submission.
- Complete the biometrics, with fingerprints and digital images.
- Wait for the approval/rejection status of your application.
- Collect visa is approved.
The process of applying and acquiring a German visa for Indians is a process that should be completed seamlessly if the applicant is well-versed with the pre-requisites of their travel, especially as per their visa type and what entails the application process with the help of advisors like Care Health Insurance. Therefore one should carefully read through all instructions and procure documents accordingly.