Here is a toast to the health of the newly weds. Perhaps there is no better way to impress a loved one who is about to become a spouse than surprising her with an idea-inspired gift. As a bridegroom, one does not have to strain too hard just to bring a memento to his fiancée.
SMB and I dated for about 5 years before we got married. Of all the gifts she got on her shower I believe her grandmother’s necklace, which she cherished since childhood, made her most happy. Although we never discussed this but I feel that way.
It’s not about price, it’s about the perceived value. An all expense paid trip to Paris might not satisfy her more than a thing which she always wanted and couldn’t get. If you happen to know bride-to-be for long, it’s easier for you to be aware of one such thing. If you don’t, the below tips might be of help. You can also take cue from my other post on anniversary ideas, many tips there can be fit for a bride-to-be as well.
Look for packages. Packets impress by virtue of withholding mysterious things. This might be a set of spoons that has kiss-like wrapping, as the set often comes from the best stores for wedding paraphernalia. Strictly speaking, the concealed spoons will be important to the bride-to-be and the guests alike, who will use them at the feast.
- Go for a basket full of manicure receptacles. It does not have to be expensive to be impressive. Fingernails and toenails do not always need a priceless paint to make them glow. This is why a spurious polish can still work wonders when it comes in a set. It is essential to notice the color: it should be one that she has taken a liking to.
- Beauty basket? It never killed a beautiful woman to feel pampered. The insightful bridegroom always includes some of these oils to make the present complete: a favorite lotion, eye shadow, and hair glow. All these items normally reveal that a man appreciates the feminine affinity to beauty.
- Time for food. Candies have always been a frugal favorite because they are for the moment. They cost just as much as one would wish. So are tinned sweetmeats that are appropriate especially for the parties subsequent to the wedding.
- Homemade perfume? It sounds like risky business to most but it does work eventually. All one has to do is to glint the odors that impress his bride-to-be. It would then just take a packet of vanilla and a dose of starch to form a powdery solution together with honey and other ingredients. Though it might not match up to the best editions in perfume stores today, it is enough that it comes right from the man’s capable hands!
- Wine receptacle: While not exclusively a modern culture, wine pampering has always been a royal reward to women and men alike. It reveals harmony and bestows implicit love to the recipients. Well, there are now wine packages that can come with flowery wrappings. When she uncorks that bottle she always remembers its beautiful packaging and most importantly, the man who bestowed it on her. It is also great that they get to share the wine together.
- How About getting a restaurant finder? It does not have to take one a whole day scouring through the city’s libraries to get hands on a copy proclaiming the best culinary spots in the city. There are cheap copies that contain all the hubs in the world of food and cocktails that a bride-to-be may always want to pursue when the blues to go out intrude.
- A touring guide can also suffice as one of most romantic gift ideas to offer to a fiancée. It is an idea because it leaves her with an option to select a honeymoon destination.
Classic Gift Ideas
While the above section has highlighted the unique ways to surprise a bride-to-be as economically as possible, there are still some good old ideas to consider. More so, these can appear quite original to the recipient when they feature a new point of view. Here are some of the frugal gift ideas:
- The good old congratulations’ card done fashionably. It would be great to include every missive that friends and relatives have brought through the mail into one package. It is a classic example of how the need for postage stamps can ebb while managing to surprise the fiancée with a list of congratulations. Talk about love from a multitude!
- Salon package: needless to say, the salon has always featured in many a woman’s lives. The only difference is that styles change. What one girl prefers is different from the taste of another. While each bride requires a certain iconic hair makeover, the following classic inclusions can serve for the gentleman who walks on a tight budget: shampoos, hair gloss and relaxation oils.
- Wish package. This encapsulates a thousand and one wishes that may have come across the gentleman’s ear from his fiancée. It has specific items that the bride has always wished for but circumstances have always come in the way.
- Dressing items can also be the basis of some classic and frugal gift ideas to try on a bride-to-be. Maybe it is the latest fashion, a garment that one spots that has colour preferential to the fiancée, and so on. It can be tailor-made to achieve perfection while still maintaining economy.
- Finally, a scrapbook with correspondence letters she sent to her man? This might be the ultimate gift even in these days of the emails. Young women always like to reminisce about their past relationships. More so, the letters always bring back tears of joy when the newlywed reels back the memories of letter-writing from her betrothed.
There are a thousand more frugal gifts ideas but they all have two common elements: they are superb and economical. Sometimes having a package in adorned wrapping adds life to an otherwise simple gift.
Again I’d like to say that the value to the recipient makes it appear worthwhile and priceless though it may not be so. One such item could be dating memory, a scrap book can come handy with pictures and excerpts of email/text messages related to the bride and groom to-be.
Readers, out of your own memory what gift made the bride happiest? Like to share some of your own ideas?