Quotes are easy things to overlook. But that has nothing to do with the fact that they contain priceless advice from some of the smartest people in the world.
I found some of them funny, some thought-provoking, and others interesting but I never took them seriously until I spent four years building my business and learned my lesson in a hard way.
I discovered that I could have avoided some of the serious mistakes I made if I had taken those quotes seriously.
For example, I invested my life savings in my first business and spent most of my time creating the products than advertising them.
My business was creeping for three years and I didn’t know why until I saw this quote, “doing business without advertising is like winking at a girl in the dark. You know what you’re doing but she doesn’t.” That’s when I discovered what I was doing wrong.
I started doing research and I saw an infographic which proved the point. It read, ” average businesses spend 60% of their time and resources on product creation, 20% on management and the other 20% on marketing. Successful businesses spend 20% of their time and resources on product creation, 20% on management and 60% on marketing.”
I changed my work schedule, re-strategized and I doubled my income in three months. I wish I had seen that quote a long time ago and it would have saved me a lot of time and efforts.
I can only imagine how much money I could have made if I have been taking those quotes seriously.
That is why I compiled this monster list of 45 finance quotes to take your finances to the next level this new year 2018.
45 Money Quotes You Should Keep In Mind
1. No one’s ever achieved financial fitness with a January resolution that’s abandoned by February. –Suze Orman
2. Formal education will make you a living; self-education will make you a fortune. –Jim Rohn
3. Before you speak, listen. Before you write, think. Before you spend, earn. Before you invest, investigate. Before you criticize, wait. Before you pray, forgive. Before you quit, try. Before you retire, save. Before you die, give. –William A. Ward
4. Too many people spend money they haven’t earned to buy things they don’t want to impress people they don’t like. –Will Rogers
5. If you buy the things you don’t need, you’ll soon have to sell the things you need. –Warren Buffet
6. Our destiny is not written for us, it’s written by us. –Barack Obama
7. We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give. –Winston Churchill
8. Don’t save what is left after spending, spend what is left after saving. –Warren Buffet
9. Never depend on a single income, make investments to create a second source. –Warren Buffet
10. Never test the depth of a river with both feet. –Warren Buffet
11. If you’re born poor, it’s not your fault, if you die poor that’s your fault. –Bill Gates
12. An investment in knowledge pays the best interest. –Benjamin Franklin
13. Beware of little expenses. A small leak will sink a great ship. –Benjamin Franklin
14. Money is a terrible master but an excellent servant. –P.T. Barnum
15. In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death and taxes. –Benjamin Franklin
16. Here’s to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers. The round pegs in the square holes. The ones who see things differently. They’re not fond of rules. And they have no respect for the status quo. You can quote them, disagree with them, glorify or vilify them. About the only thing you can’t do is ignore them. Because they change things. They push the human race forward. And while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius. Because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do. –Steve Jobs
17. Financial freedom starts with knowing your current net worth, knowing who & where you want to be, finding out the price you have to pay and determining whether you can pay the price or not. –Abraham Adeniyi
18. A budget tells us what we can’t afford, but it doesn’t keep us from buying it. –William Feather
19. Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it’s just the opposite. –John Kenneth Galbraith
20. If you think self education is a waste of time try college. –Abraham Adeniyi
21. Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. –Thomas Edison
22. What we really want to do is what we are really meant to do. When we do what we are meant to do, money comes to us, doors open for us, we feel useful, and the work we do feels like play to us. –Julia Cameron
23. Many people take no care of their money till they come nearly to the end of it, and others do just the same with their time. –Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
24. Money is only a tool. It will take you wherever you wish, but it will not replace you as the driver. –Ayn Rand
25. Financial peace isn’t the acquisition of stuff. It’s learning to live on less than you make, so you can give money back and have money to invest. You can’t win until you do this. –Dave Ramsey
26. It’s not the employer who pays the wages. Employers only handle the money. It’s the customer who pays the wages. –Henry Ford
27. He who loses money, loses much; He who loses a friend, loses much more; He who loses faith, loses all. –Eleanor Roosevelt
28. Happiness is not in the mere possession of money; it lies in the joy of achievement, in the thrill of creative effort. –Franklin D. Roosevelt
29. Empty pockets never held anyone back. Only empty heads and empty hearts can do that. –Norman Vincent Peale
30. It’s good to have money and the things that money can buy, but it’s good, too, to check up once in a while and make sure that you haven’t lost the things that money can’t buy. –George Lorimer
31. You can only become truly accomplished at something you love. Don’t make money your goal. Instead, pursue the things you love doing, and then do them so well that people can’t take their eyes off you. –Maya Angelou
32. Buy when everyone else is selling and hold until everyone else is buying. That’s not just a catchy slogan. It’s the very essence of successful investing. –J. Paul Getty
33. How many millionaires do you know who have become wealthy by investing in savings accounts? I rest my case. –Robert G. Allen
34. The difference between the brave and the coward is the way they handle their fear. Fear stops the coward, the brave is also afraid but he does it anyway. –Abraham Adeniyi
35. I made my money the old-fashioned way. I was very nice to a wealthy relative right before he died. –Malcolm Forbes
36. Innovation distinguishes between a leader and a follower. –Steve Jobs
37. Try to save something while your salary is small; it’s impossible to save after you begin to earn more. –Jack Benny
38. You must gain control over your money or the lack of it will forever control you. –Dave Ramsey
39. Investing should be more like watching paint dry or watching grass grow. If you want excitement, take $800 and go to Las Vegas. –Paul Samuelson
40. Rich people have small TVs and big libraries, and poor people have small libraries and big TVs. –Zig Ziglar
41. Never spend your money before you have it. –Thomas Jefferson
42. The stock market is filled with individuals who know the price of everything, but the value of nothing. –Phillip Fisher
43. Wealth is not his that has it, but his that enjoys it. –Benjamin Franklin
44. It’s not how much money you make, but how much money you keep, how hard it works for you, and how many generations you keep it for. –Robert Kiyosaki
45. If you don’t value your time, neither will others. Stop giving away your time and talents. Value what you know & start charging for it. –Kim Garst
What’s your favorite money quotes? Please share your favorite money quotes and your views in the comments.
Leave a Reply